The voter id portal is one of the digital portals in India for the citizens. Voter Id Card (Election Card) is one of the most important documents that is issued by the Election Commission of India (ECI). Voter Id is also known as the Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC).
This article contains all the information related to the National Voter’s Service Portal of the government of India. steps to apply for the voter id Online/ offline including the registration process. Besides, you can also get the list of essential documents during the submission of the application form for the same and other important information that is much needed to know for every citizen of India.
Voter ID 2021 Latest Update on Voter ID Registration Online Process, Duplicate Voter ID Apply Online, Voter List, Voter ID Status, and Link Aadhaar with Voter ID Online. You need to read the following Steps given below.
What is Voter ID Card?
Voter ID cards are very important for all Indians that are issued to all eligible citizens. This voter ID card is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the residents of India. The particular card is also used as an identity card. Voter ID card is for all residents above 18 years. One who has reached the age of 18 years, can apply for a voter Id card. With the help of the voter ID card, anyone can vote in any of the municipal, state, or country elections. And this voter ID card can be used by all Indian citizens to cast votes. Thus voter ID cards are very important to all citizens of the state.
Voter ID Details Online Highlights
|Portal Name||National Voters Servies Portal (NVSP)|
|Launched By||Election commission of India (ECI)|
|Beneficiaries||Citizen of India|
|Objective||To Provide Election Voter ID Card|
Uses of Voter ID Card
- Voter ID cards are mainly used in voting and give us a chance to choose the right candidate in the election.
- Voters can also use Voter ID as identity cards.
- Voter Identity Proof also acts as an address certificate.
- Voter ID cards also ensure that we are citizens of India.
- You can use voter ID cards in any of the government’s application forms as an identity certificate and address proof.
- Voter IDs also have many personal identification features such as cardholder’s signature & photograph etc.
- All citizens can use voter ID cards to avail themselves of government schemes.
Voter ID Online Services
Earlier people used to take more time to get voter ID cards and they had to face more problems but now all the services of voter ID cards have been made online by the government. If you want to apply for a Voter ID card, you can easily go through an online process from the official website of the National Voter Service Portal. After applying for the Voter Id card online, you can also check the status of the application. Any citizen can access the Voter ID services online from its own mobile phone/ tablet/ computer in the home itself. Voter ID Online services also offer linking of the Aadhaar number from your Voter ID card. So citizens will no longer face any kind of problem through online services.
Voter ID Card Eligibility & Important Points
- If you want to apply for a new Voter ID card, your age should be 18 years minimally.
- Applicants should be free from criminal charges, and not financially bankrupt.
- You can apply for the Voter ID card only through NVSP Portal and CSC centers.
- Applicants should ensure details like spelling of their name, date of birth, address, etc.
- Applicants should also ensure the correctness of the information provided in the application form is legally correct in all aspects
- After applying for a new voter ID card in India, your application will be re-verified by your BLO/ responsive body.
Voter ID Documents Required
Following documents will be required for the Voter ID card application form:
- Applicant’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Husband/ Wife Name
- Any Original Photo Identity Card (PAN/ Aadhar Card/Passport/ Driving License)
- Address Proof
- High School Marksheet/ Certificate (For Date of Proof of the Candidate)
- Residence Certificate
- Permanent Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photo
Voter ID Apply Online
If you want to register a Voter ID card, then you have to follow some of the voter id online registration procedure steps given below.
Online Registration Process
- First of all, you have to go to the official website http://www.nvsp.in.
- After that, a new page will open in front of you.
- Now you have to choose your state name & district. And fill in the application form by entering details like Permanent Address, Present Address, Constituency, Village, Post, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Aadhar Number, Age, etc.
- Now you will have to click on the submit option.
- Again, a new page will open in front of you and you will have to fill the SMS code on that page. After that, you have to click on the submit button.
- Then a new page will open in front of you where you will get your application number.
Offline Registration Process
If you want to register offline, the following steps have to be followed:
- First of all, you have to go to the Election Commission Office, there you have to take Form-8, in that form you will have to fill your information in full such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, address, Aadhaar number, mobile number, etc.
- After that, you will have to put your photo in the relevant space provided in the application form. Now you have to cross-check the application form and ensure that the information provided in the application form is correct.
- After it, you will have to submit the particular application Form 8 to the election officer.
- After that, the officer will give you the registration number once it goes through the application form.
Track Voter ID Application Status
If you want to check the status of your application form, you have to follow some steps given below:
- First of all, you should visit the official website of Voter Service Portal www.nvsp.in.
- After clicking on the link, a homepage will open in front of you.
- On that page, you have to enter “Reference ID”.
- After that, you. The option of ‘Track Status‘ will appear. Then you click on the track position.
- After that, you will get the status of your voter ID.
What to Do if Voter ID Card is not Received?
Usually, the Election Commission of India sends Voter Id cards to the applicant’s home address within one month from the application date. If you have applied for your Voter ID card and you have not received your voter ID card, you should check the status of your application form from the official website of the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP) immediately. If the dispatched date of your card is more than the expected date, you should go to the DEO with your reference number. Here. you can get accurate information about Voter ID card status.
How to Verify Voter ID Card Online
A voter ID card is known as one of the most vital documents that work as an identification card for the candidates. If you are qualified to apply for a Voter ID Card, you can go through offline or online mode.
After applying for a Voter ID Card, you can also easily verify your voter ID. Besides, you can also check the status of your application form by going through online mode. You will have to visit the official website of the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP) to check the status of your application form or verification of your Voter Id card.
Once you fill in the application form for a new voter ID card, it will be verified by the Election Commission’s officials. During the verification process of your Voter ID, it will be checked that the entries in the application form are correct or not.
Can I Vote Without Voter ID in India?
It has been said by the Government of India that citizens who are not enrolled in the voter ID portal will not be able to cast a vote. Only those citizens will have the right to vote in the elections that fulfill all the eligibility conditions and hold a valid voter ID Card.
If you do not have a voter ID card, you can still vote. For voting in the election, your name should be included in the Election Commission’s voter list. The Election Commission will give permission to those candidates to vote in the election whose names are mentioned in the Voter List.
You will have to present in the polling booth with any other original photo identity proof/ address proof to use your voting right. Besides, you also need to carry the particular election slip provided by your Booth Level Officer (BLO) in the polling booth.
Fields Included In a Voter ID Card
After applying for the Voter ID Card, you will have to wait for a few days. Once the verification process for your Voter ID will be completed, it will be issued by the Election Commission of India. Voter ID Cards will be sent to your home address as registered in the application form. After receiving your EPIC Card, you will have to check all details given on the card carefully. Below are some important fields mentioned on your Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC):
- Cardholder Name
- Cardholder Photo
- A Hologram Sticker
- Name of Elector/ Cardholder
- Serial Number
- Name of Cardholder’s Parents
- Age of Elector/ Cardholder on Issue Date
- Address of the Particular Citizen
Keep in Mind While Applying for a New Voter ID
If you are going to apply for a New Voter ID card, you will have to keep the following points in mind:
- The age of the applicant should be more than 18 years to apply for a Voter ID card.
- To apply for the voter ID, you need to fill in application Form No 6.
- The applicant should only visit the official website of the Election Commission or Common Service Centers to apply for a Voter ID.
- And citizens should check that all the information in their application form is correct, such as their name, date of birth and address, etc.
- In case of any incorrect information provided in the application form, you need to make it correct.
Voter ID Details
After applying for a new voter ID Card through an online/ offline application form, your form will be checked by the officials of the Election Commission. Approval of the application form will be done on the basis of genuine information provided in the application form. So you need to make sure that the details given in the application form are absolutely correct. Once your Voter ID card is received at your residential address, you must have to check the following details printed on the EPIC Card:
- Name of the Cardholder
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Applicant’s Colored Photograph
- Cardholder’s Number (EPIC Number)
How to Change Details in Your Voter ID
If you have provided any wrong information given in the EPIC, you can change it through online/ offline mode. Sometimes, you may find some details of the voter id card incorrect so you can easily modify these details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, address, etc. Earlier, people had to visit the Election Commission’s office to correct the errors of voter ID cards, but now the process of making correct this information is online.
You can make corrections in voter ID details by viewing the official website of the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP). While applying for the Voter ID correction, you will have to submit relevant documents.
Approval of a new voter ID card with correct details will be made after verifying these details by the Election Commission officials at your home address. Hence a new voter ID Card will be sent to the home address of the application within a few days of filling an online application form.
Voter ID Forms
If you want to perform any Voter ID Card related work at your home, you can do it easily by filling a certain application form available online. You will have to know each type of Voter ID form so that you can choose the particular form whenever needed. Following are the types of Voter ID Form (EPIC) and their uses:
- Form 1 – Statement as to the place of Ordinary Residence by a Person holding a Declared Office for the purpose of registration in the electoral roll.
- Form 2 – Statement as a place of Ordinary Residence by a member of the Armed Forces (having service qualification) for enrolment as service elector in the last part of electoral roll.
- Form 2A – Statement as to the place of Ordinary Residence by a member of an armed police force of a State, who is serving outside that State (having service qualification) for enrolment as service elector in the last part of electoral roll.
- Form 3 – Statement as a place of Ordinary Residence by a person employed under the Government of India in a post outside India (having service qualification) for enrolment as service elector in the last part of electoral roll.
- Form 6 – Application for inclusion of name in Electoral Roll.
- Form 6A – Application for inclusion of name in Electoral Roll by an overseas Indian elector.
- Form 7-Application for objecting inclusion of name in electoral roll or seeking deletion of name from Electoral Roll.
- Form 8 – Application for correction to particulars entered in Electoral Roll.
- Form 8A – Application for transposition of entry from one part of the electoral roll to another part of the electoral roll of a constituency.
- Form 17 – Application for inclusion of name in the electoral roll for a local authorities’ constituency of state legislative council.
- Form 18 – Claim for inclusion of name in the electoral roll for a graduates’ constituency of state legislative council.
- Form 19 – Claim for inclusion of name in the electoral roll for a teachers’ constituency of state legislative council.
Apply for Duplicate Voter ID Card Online
If you have lost/ mutilated/ misplaced your Voter ID Card, you can apply for a duplicate Voter ID Card by following some steps given below:
- Firstly, you will have to take the printout of EPIC Form number 002.
- After collecting the particular form, you need to fill in the Voter ID Form number EPIC-002.
- Here, you should fill in your name, address, old voter ID card number, etc. And you also have to paste your photograph into a relevant space provided in the application.
- Enter a photo ID Card number such as an Aadhaar card, PAN Card, Passport, Ration Card, etc.
- Recheck your application form and submit it to your nearest election commissions office.
- After submission, you will get a registration number, so that you can check your status.
- After a few days of the submission of the form, your documents will be verified.
- Now, you will be issued a duplicate voter card in your home address mentioned in the application form.
How to Correct Address in Voter ID
Now all the functions of Voter ID cards have been done by the government online as well as offline. If there is any type of error in the address on your voter ID card, then you have to go through an online or offline method. You can easily make corrections to your voter ID card address by filling in EPIC Form 8. You can download the Voter ID Form 8 from the official website of the National Voter Service Portal. Besides, you can also collect the particular form of changing the address from the nearest Election Commission’s Office.
Find out Process of Change/ Correct Name in Voter ID Card
If you have received a voter ID Card with a misprinted name, you can also make it correct by going through some simple steps as mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to go to the portal of the National Voter Service Portal on your browser.
- Here the homepage of the official website will appear in front of you.
- Download the Form 8 of the Voter ID Card.
- Now you should fill in the Voter ID details in the application form.
- Select your parliamentary constituency, state, address, your voter ID card number (alphanumeric number) on your card., etc.
- Now, you will have to upload some documents for verification.
- Select the field that you want to change from your name, age, sex, father/mother name, voter ID address, photo, and ID number, etc.
- Enter your mobile number and upload the document as proof of particular changes to be made.
- Once you fully check the form, you should click the submit button.
- Now, you will get a confirmation message.
- On this page, you have to click on Next to right-click.
- And you will also get the registration number to check the status of your new Voter ID card with corrections in your name.
How to Check Name In Voter List By SMS and Helpline
During the elections, many people want to check their names on the Voter List. Due to the lack of awareness, some people don’t know the process of checking the names in the Voter List and they ruin their precious time by visiting government offices. Here, we want to provide information that people who want to check their name in the Voter List can go through the official portal of the Election Commission of India. Besides, you can also check your name through SMS and the Voter id helpline number issued by the government.
How to Check Your Voter ID Card Details Online
All voters can access their names in the voter list through an online method. If you want to check your name on the Voter Id card, you will have to visit the official website of the Election Commission of India (ECI)/ National Voter Service Portal (NVSP). Earlier people had to visit the office to get their information on the voter ID card. You will have to use some basic details such as the name of the applicant, EPIC Number, Date of Birth, Constituency, District & State name, etc., to check your name in the Voter Id card list released by the Election Commission of India.
How to Check Your Name in Voter List
If you want to check your name through the official website of the Election Commission, you have to follow some steps given below:
- First, go to the official website of the voter ID Card operated by the Election Commission of India @ http://www.nvsp.in National Voter Service Portal.
- After clicking on the above link, you have to select the option ‘Find Your Name in Electoral Voter List’ from some of the options.
- Now, you should choose from the search options (and listed above) and have to enter some details such as name, father’s name, DOB, Vidhan Sabha Kshetra, Lok Sabha Kshetra, etc.
- After that, the results will be displayed on the screen based on the details available in the database of ECI.
What Should You Do If Your Name Isn’t in the Voters List
- Even after you have a voter ID card and your name is not on the voter list, you can make it correct by following some simple steps.
- Many voters are in trouble and they want to get rid of this problem. Sometimes, the government releases a new voter ID list for the convenience of the voters so that every eligible voter can be included in the particular voter List of the Election Commission.
- If you have not found your name in the new Voter list, you should check the status of your Voter ID Card through online mode.
- If your voter ID Card number (EPIC) number is registered in the database, you should raise the complaint to the ECI officials of your state. And if your name does not appear in the Voter ID Card database, you should apply for a new Voter ID card through online mode.
Cancel Voter ID Application
Your voter ID application form may be rejected due to many reasons. If you have made any mistake in the application form of the Voter Id card and the details mentioned in the Voter id card application form are not similar to the original documents, it will cause rejection.
After applying for a Voter Id card, the authenticity of the application form will be checked by the Election Commission’s officials. And if details given in the application form will be correct, it will be approved. So every applicant of the Voter Id card is suggested to enter the correct details and should recheck the Voter application before its submission.