UIDAI has introduced the Aadhaar card as the unique identification card for Indian citizens. This is important in various tasks and must be carried by every citizen along with them. The Aadhaar is linked with bank accounts, PAN cards and are used in various other requirements. Usually, while giving details for the people give their email Id and mobile number.
The linking up of a mobile number with an Aadhaar card is mandatory as it will be used to get any kind of OTPs. If you are having an Aadhaar and are not sure about whether it is linked up with your mobile or not, then this article will help you. I will explain the right process of knowing whether your mobile number is linked up with Aadhaar or not.
Aadhaar Card Overview
|Scheme Type||Link Mobile No Aadhaar Card|
|Department||UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India)|
Step By Step Procedure to Link the Mobile Number to Your Aadhaar Card
- First of all, go to the official website of UIDAI. There will be a lot of spam links and websites available online, make sure to not give any of your details there.
- uidai.gov.in, this is the original website link. Click on it and you will be redirected to the home page of UIDAI. You can open this on any browser on your phone but it is advisable to not use the UC browser for this process.
- On the home page, scroll down to find a service “Aadhaar Services” Now in the options below that, you will find a feature “Verify Aadhar number” Click on it.
- Now in the new page scroll down and enter your Aadhaar number and captcha.
- Here you will see the details of the Aadhaar that you have entered- age range, gender, state, and the last three digits of registered mobile number.
- If there is no registered number, then you won’t have its details here and this is the proof for you.
This is the simple process to know whether there is the Card Aadhaar has any registered number or not. If it doesn’t have one, then you can register your mobile number by approaching any of the Aadhaar card centers or Meesevas near you.
You cannot register a number online because of the safety issues. You have to do it offline only.
Process to Changing Registered Number
If you want to change the registered number with your Aadhaar, then you can do it online free by using mAadhar App in this Application you can do Reprint the Aadhaar Card and Download
- Go to the official UIDAI website uidai.gov.in, click on the Aadhaar reprint feature.
- Now you have to enter your Aadhaar number as well as captcha here. Check the tab below captcha that is asking you “My mobile number is not verified”
- Now it will ask you to enter a mobile number, then click on send OTP
- Then Enter the OTP that you got on your number.
- Accept the terms and conditions and go to the payment page. Pay 50 rupees via card, UPI, or net banking. Pay the amount and your mobile number will be registered. You will get a new Aadhaar card with your registered mobile number.