Elections are the most fundamental part of any democracy. Citizens of the state can get the chance of voting during elections and they can choose their own leader as per the wish. There are many elections held in our country such as Parliamentary Elections (Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha), State Legislative Assembly Elections, State Legislative Council Elections, City Panchayat/ City Corporation Council Elections, etc.
If you want to cast your vote in these elections, you must have all the eligibility conditions. Those who want to get your Voter ID Card must have to read this article completely so that you can get all the aspects related to the Voter ID including the Application Process, Apply voter ID, Check Status method, etc.
The Voter id application process has changed so, read this article for the latest Voter id online Procedure.
- 1 Application for Voter Registration Details
- 2 How to Apply Voter ID Online step by Step Overview
- 3 Voters Benefits
- 4 Registered Voters Benefits
- 5 Voter ID Apply Documents Required
- 6 How to Apply Voter ID Online Step by Step
- 7 Smart Voter ID Card Registration Online Process
- 8 Voter ID Online Application Rejected
- 9 How to Check the Status of Voter ID Cards
- 10 How to Download Voter ID Cards List Online
Application for Voter Registration Details
Indian citizens who are 18 years or above and still unable to vote, can apply for the Voter ID Card. If you want to apply for the Voter ID Card, you can do these activities through online methods. After acquiring the Voter ID Card, you will be able to avail of various government schemes using it as an address/ identity proof.
Besides, you can also use the Voter ID card in government jobs wherever it sought your address/ identity proof. Persons who have lost their Voter ID card can apply for a new Voter ID card by visiting the official website of the National Voters Service Portal. The Government of India also releases the Voter List each year.
How to Apply Voter ID Online step by Step Overview
|Article Type||Apply voter id Card Online, Check Voter ID Status|
|Portal Name||National Voter Service Portal|
|Category||Central Government Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of India & Election Commission|
|Aim||To Provide Information for Voter ID Application Form Online/Offline|
|Voter ID Registration||Online Process|
|Voter Download Forms||Click Here|
|Online Correction in Voter Card||Voter ID Correction|
|Official Website||Apply voter id|
Voter ID Card serves as a general identity address/ age proof to apply for various activities such as mobile phones, SIM cards, passports, ration cards, driving licenses, etc. If you want to travel from one country to another by land or air, your identity card will work as a document. This identity card will also help you while applying for government jobs.
Voter ID Cards are of great importance and everyone wants to get them after crossing the age of 18. You should also Apply voter id online / EPIC Card after attaining the age of 18. There are a lot of benefits of Voter ID Card that you grab according to the points given below:
Registered Voters Benefits
- With the help of an Election Card/ Voter ID Card, you can open a bank account.
- All the people of the state can now verify their names on the official website of ECI after acquiring the Voter ID card.
- You can use this ID as an identity card in any government’s work as an identity card.
- If any changes in the Voter ID Card are to be corrected, you should you can also make it easily from the official website of NVSP of the Election Commission of India.
- If you are a Voter ID Cardholder, you can get the benefit of an old pension and all other types of pension made available for the citizens.
- Families applying for this scheme will get the benefit of the scheme
- While filling in the application form for any government job, you can also attach the particular Voter ID card as an Address Proof.
Voter ID Apply Documents Required
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Passport Size Photo
- Mobile Number
- Aadhar Number
- Birth Certificate/High School Marksheet
- Ration Card
How to Apply Voter ID Online Step by Step
If you want to Apply voter id and register a Voter ID card, you have to follow some steps given below.
Smart Voter ID Card Registration Online Process
- Step 1: First of all, you have to go to the official website http://www.nvsp.in.
- Step 2: Now, you will be able to get the homepage of the official website where you should select the option of ‘New Elector Registration.
- Step 3: After that, a new page will open in front of you where you should choose the name of your State, District, Municipality, Area, etc.
- Step 4: Once you make all the above processes, you will have to enter details such as Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Address, Mobile Number, Aadhar Number, etc.
- Step 5: Besides, you also need to upload supporting documents such as Date of Birth Certificate/ 10th Marksheet, Any Valid Identity Card (PAN Card/ Aadhar Card/ Permanent Driving License/ Passport)
- Step 6: Enter the captcha code and click on the proceed button.
- Step 7: Here a new page will open in front of you where you will have to fill the SMS code sent in your mobile number/ email ID.
- Step 8: After verification of your mobile number, a new page will open in front of you where you will get your application number.
- Step 9: With the help of the registration number/ Reference ID, you can also check the status of your voter ID card.
Voter ID Online Application Rejected
Cancel Voter ID Application: Your voter ID application form may be rejected due to many reasons. If you have made any mistake in the application form of the Voter Id card and the details mentioned in the Voter id card application form are not similar to the original documents, it will cause rejection.
After applying for a Voter Id card, the authenticity of the application form will be checked by the Election Commission’s officials. And if details given in the application form will be correct, it will be approved. So every applicant of the Voter Id card is suggested to enter the correct details and should recheck the Voter application before its submission.
How to Check the Status of Voter ID Cards
If you have applied for a voter ID card and want to check the status of the application, you have to follow some steps given below:
- First of all, you should go to the official website link of Voter Service Portal https://www.nvsp.in.
- After clicking on the link, a homepage of the Voter ID official website will open in front of you.
- On that page, you have to enter “Reference ID”.
- After that, you need to click on the option of ‘Track Status.’
- Now, you will easily be able to check the status of your voter ID application form.
How to Download Voter ID Cards List Online
If you have applied for a Voter ID card and want to download a Voter ID card online, you have to follow some vital steps given below:
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the National Voter Service Portal @ https://www.nvsp.in.
- After selecting the above link, the homepage of the National Voter Service Portal will open in front of you.
- Now you need to choose the option of Downloading Electoral Roll PDF where a new page opens.
- Applicants are suggested to choose the name of their state that will redirect them to the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer of the particular state.
- If you have got the homepage of your CEO of your state, you should select the name of your district, & Legislative Assembly Constituency.
- After choosing the above options, you will have to select the name of your booth and get downloaded the Voter ID Electoral Roll List PDF.
- Here you should check your name carefully mentioned here whether details mentioned in the particular list are correct or not.
- You can also save the particular list of Electrical Roll PDF with your name for future references.
Voter ID Card Helpline Online
Applicants who are facing any problem related to the Apply voter ID & you want any technical assistance, you should contact through the below mediums:
ECI Technical Support Toll-free Number: 1800111950
Voter ID How to Apply FAQs
How can I apply for a new voter ID Card?
Voter ID card applications are accepted through online & offline mode.
What is the process to make your Voter ID Card through online mode?
If you want to go through online mode to Apply voter ID, you will have to visit the official website of the National Voter Service Portal and fill the application form according to the process given above.
How can we apply for the Voter ID Card through offline mode?
For filling the offline application form for Voter Card, you will have to visit the nearest Election Commission’s Office or BLO of your area. You can collect the particular application form for the Voter ID Card from your BLO/ Election Office. Fill in this application form & attach all the relevant documents and submit it to your BLO.
When will we be able to get the Voter ID/ Election Card after making the registration?
After applying for the Election Card, you will have to wait for a month to acquire your Voter ID at your home address.
You May Like