Voter ID card is one of the very important documents for us. With the help of the voter ID, we can choose the right representative for us. If you do not have a Voter ID card and you are 18 years old, then you should take a voter ID card. Due to some errors in your voter ID card, you may face trouble while availing of any government scheme so, the election commission implements the official portal for voter id correction online.
Details in the Voter Id card must be similar to the details given on other documents. So you should fix these details after going through a certain procedure. With the help of this article, you can get voter id correction online information which is related to the Voter ID Card including the correction in the details printed on your voter proof. Moreover, you can also get the direct link to make corrections to the Voter card.
Nvsp.in portal is used to Voter id Correction Online like Change Voters Name, Father’Name, Date of Birth, Address, Photo Change in voter id & correction status.
- 1 Voter ID Correction Online Details
- 2 Key Features of how to Change Name in voter ID
- 3 Common Errors Given on Voter ID Online
- 4 Benefits of Voter ID
- 5 Documents Required for Voter ID Name Correction
- 6 How to make Correction in voter ID card Offline
- 7 How to Apply for Correction in Voter ID card online
- 8 Voter ID Correction Status Check Online
- 9 Voter ID Questions
Voter ID Correction Online Details
Correct/Change Details in Your Voter ID correction Online can be made easily through online mode. You will have to visit the official website of the National Voters Service Portal to do all the activities related to your Voter Id. You will have to go through a certain Form Number to do all these activities.
- For e.g. If you want to apply to make corrections to the details given in the Voter ID, you need to fill the Voter ID Card Form 8.
Key Features of how to Change Name in voter ID
|Article Name||Correction in the Voter Id Card|
|Purpose||To Provide Information About Making a Correction in the Voter Id Card|
|Download Voter id form||Click Here|
|Voter id Helpline Number||Click Here|
- If your voter ID card is lost or stolen or goes bad, you can get it corrected by going to the election office and filling the form.
- Your voter ID card gives you all your information like
- Voter’s name,
- Voter’s name,
- Voter’s date of birth,
- Voter’s permanent address,
- Voter ID,
- Voter ward number,
- Signature of Election officer in power,
- Voter’s photo ID, etc.
- After applying for the correction in the Voter ID, you will have to wait for a few days. Applicants will be able to get the correct voter ID card for a few days. This voter ID card is very important for us.
- Voter ID card is a very important document issued by the Government of India. This voter ID card doesn’t only help you to vote during voting. Rather, it is also used as proof of address and identity card in banks, licenses, electricity/ telephone connections, etc.
Common Errors Given on Voter ID Online
In your Voter Id card, any error may exist. Any of the following information may be misprinted on your Voter Id card.
- Voters Full Name
- Voter’s Father’s Name
- Voter’s Date of Birth
- Voter’s Permanent Address
- Voters Voting ID
- Voter’s Photo
Benefits of Voter ID
- You can use your Voter ID to open a bank account.
- Your Voter card can be used to avail of any government scheme.
- Voter ID can be used as an identity card that is used for various purposes.
- You can use a particular identity card to take admission to college.
- Voter Id cardholders can also use it for travel purposes. You can easily make an International trip plan to Bhutan & Nepal without having a Passport.
Documents Required for Voter ID Name Correction
List Documents required for proof of change of name in voter id
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photo
- Base Number
- Income Certificate
- Ration Card
- Birth Certificate
- Permanent Residence Certificate
How to make Correction in voter ID card Offline
You need to follow some necessary steps to apply for correction / how to change name in voter id card offline in the voter certificate.
- First of all, you have to contact your BLO.
- Here you need to fill in Form 8 of the Voter Id and enter every information in the application in a correct manner.
- Here, you have to fill in the name, address, old voter ID card number, etc.
- Also, mention the Correction Details and paste your photograph & sign as well.
- Review your application form once before submitting it to the Booth Level Officer.
- Then you will have to attach a photocopy of the wrong voter ID card along with the photocopy of the Aadhar card and ration card.
- After submitting Form 8, you will get a registration number, you can check your status with that number.
- A few days after submitting the form, your documents will be verified.
- After that, you will be issued a new voter card with the requisite changes.
- A few days later, you can get your second corrected voter ID card from the Election Officer’s office.
How to Apply for Correction in Voter ID card online
If any information given on the Voter ID card is not correct, you can also make it correct easily by going through the online process as mentioned below:
- Firstly, you have to go to the National Voters Service Portal on your browser.
- The homepage of the NVSP will be displayed on your computer screen where you should search the ‘Login’option.
- If you are not registered in the NVSP portal, you can also sign up by entering a few details on relevant columns and click the Register Button.
- Once you ‘Login’ on the particular page, you will be able to get an option of ‘Correction of entries in voter list.
- You will be directed to the page containing various online application forms.
- Then you have to click on Form 8 and enter all the necessary information required to fill up in the application form. Select your parliamentary constituency and state. If you are unaware of any of these details, check your voter ID card.
- Then you have to provide your details. Make sure you have the correct spelling.
- Enter your full address as indicated on your voter ID card. Then you have to enter your voter ID card number. This is an alphanumeric number on your card.
- You will have to upload some documents for verification. Now you can change the details from the name, age, sex, father/mother name, voter ID address, photo, and ID Card number, etc., in your Voter ID card.
- Then you also have to enter your email address and mobile number.
- Then you will also have to upload the document as proof of something for changes in detail.
- Once you have fully checked the form that the form has not been filled incorrectly, only then you click on submit.
- You will then get a confirmation message. And you will also get the registration number.
- Take the printout of this application form of Voter ID for use. With the help of the registration number given in the Voter Id application form, you can check my voter id correction status.
|Change Name in Voter id card Online|
Change Name in Voter id card Online Haryana
Change Name in Voter id Gujarat
Change Name in Voter id card Online Tamilnadu
Change Name in Voter id card Online west Bengal
Change Name in Voter id card Online Telangana
Change Name in Voter id card Online Delhi
Change Name in Voter id card Online Maharashtra
Change Name in Voter id card Online Kerala
Voter ID Correction Status Check Online
After applying for the Voter id correction Online, you can also check your application correction in voter id status by following the process given below:
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website @ https://www.nvsp.in/forms/trackstatus.
- On that page, you have to enter the Enter reference ID Number.
- Then a page will open and you will get the voter id correction status of the application given to correct it.
- If this voter IDE becomes yours then any mistake is visible such as voter’s full name, voter’s father’s name, voter’s birth date, etc.
- If the voter’s permanent address is wrong, you can easily make it correct by filling Form 8.
- Then after a few days, you will get the modified Voter ID card at your home address.
Voter ID Questions
My name on the voter id card is wrong, how can I get it corrected?
If you want to make it correct through an online method, you have to visit the official website of the National Voters Service Portal. But if you want to go through an offline method, you will have to contact the BLO and fill the requisite application form.
What can I do if my photo is not found in my voter ID card?
For this, you first have to apply by taking Form 8. In that form, you will have to put your passport size in a specific location. And a few days after submitting that form, you will be able to get a new voter ID card.
What is the official website for making corrections of Voter ID through online mode?
What is the expected timeframe for arriving at your new voter ID card?
Is there a fee paid to make changes in your details given on the Voter Id card?
Yes, you need to pay a nominal fee.