Voter ID Cards are one of the important documents for all citizens. People who are over 18 years of age and do not have a voter ID card, can apply and get their voter ID. You will have to go through simple steps for completing the application process to Address Change in Voter ID. Voter ID cards are also known as identification documents.
You can avail various government schemes with the help of your voter ID card. After making your Voter ID Card, if your address is printed wrong, you can also make changes by following some specific steps. This article has a lot of information related to the Voter Id card and its address change process. Moreover, you can also get the link to alter your residential address & a lot of others. Hence you need to read this article completely so that you can know all the important points necessary for changing the Voter ID card address.
If you want to Address Change in Voter ID, you will have to Register and after login the official website of the Election Commission of a particular state. You need to read the New Procesess of how to change voter id address and following information given below.
Address Change In Voter ID
Sometimes, due to human/ system faults, misprints have been seen in various certificates. Due to these errors in certificates, you are unable to get the benefits of any scheme. Hence your details in the identity card must be similar to the details given on other certificates. In case of discrepancy in the details given in the voter ID card are mismatched, you need to go through an online process. You can make corrections in any other information like residential address, name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, etc.
If you want to Address Change in Voter ID, you will visit the official website of the National Voters Service Portal by www.nvsp.in. Moreover, if you wish to change the address offline then you can get your address changed by filling Form 8A. For the process, you have to go to the Election Office and fill in the application form for the same through offline mode.
|Article Category||Voter ID Card Address Change|
|Aim||To Provide Assistance (for Changing Address in Voter ID Certificate) To the People With the Help of Some Simple Steps|
|Benefit||Start Getting Benefits of Various Schemes|
Also Read: Voter ID Form 6, 6A, 7, 8, 8A Download in English and Hindi – Click Here
Voter ID Card Address Importants
If you are a permanent resident of any particular city or state and you change you’ve recently shifted from one place to another, you can change your Voter ID Address easily. In this condition, your previous Voter ID card will be cancelled. Now the Election Commission of India has made it easier to Address Change in Voter ID by following an online method.
- If you want to vote after the migration from the previous location, it is mandatory to Address Change in Voter ID to use your right to vote from the particular constituency/ Assembly.
- Now you can Address Change in Voter ID by logging on to the National Voter Service Portal at www.nvsp and update your address online.
What you can change in Voter ID Cards?
- Voter Permanent Address
- Voter’s Full Name
- Voter’s Birth Date
- Voter’s father’s name
Salient Features for Voter ID Address Change Online
- You can use the facility of changing the address in the Voter ID card by both methods viz., offline & online.
- To correct some mistakes in the voter ID card, you have to fill a certain application form as suggested on the official website of the National Voters Service Portal.
- The correct voter ID card will work as the previous voter ID card.
- This voter ID card can be used as an identity card for any purpose.
- You will be able to restore the benefits of various government schemes after making changes in the Voter ID Card details.
- If any changes or errors are to be corrected, you need to fill Form 8A.
Essential Documents Voter ID Address Change Online
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photo
- Ration Card
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card Number
How to Change Voter ID Address
If you are going to change entries (address change) of Voter ID card through the online process,m you will have to follow some easy steps as written below:
- Step by Step Procedure for Address Change in Voter ID Online:
- First of all, you have to go to the National Voter Service Portal official website www.nvsp.in. After clicking on that link, your front page will open.
- On that page, you will see the option to apply online for registration of a new voter. Now, you will see the option of correction on the bottom.
- You have to click on Form 6. A new page will open where you should enter details as per the requirement.
- If you have moved to another constituency or Form 8A or moved from one place of residence to another within the same constituency, you can easily apply through it.
- So the option given in the form will have to be filled such as – Your name, date of birth, state, constituency, permanent address, etc.
- All your documents such as a photograph, proof of address, and proof of age will have to be uploaded.
- After uploading all the documents the form has to be submitted online.
- After submission, a page will open in front of you, on that page you will get the Reference Number.
- The same reference number will also be sent to your registered mobile number.
- With the help of this reference number, you can check the status of your application form of changing the address in your Voter Identity Card.
Frequently Asked Questions on Address Change in Voter ID
In which cases, we need to change our address on Voter Identity Card?
If you are settled in another location and you want to use your right to vote from a particular location, you can apply for changing the address from that location.
My voter ID card details are incorrect, how can I fix it?
You have to go to the official website. By filling in Form 8A, you will have to submit. After that, you can change your address & other details in the voter ID Card.
Can I apply for a change of address in my voter ID card offline or not?
Yes, you can get the address changed by going to the Election Office. Collect the form from BLO and fill in all the details given in the application form carefully and submit it to the relevant officials. You will be required to attach all supporting documents along with the application form.
You May Like
- Voter List
- Voter ID Status
- Voter ID Form
- Voter ID Registration
- Voter ID Apply Online
- Voter ID Verification