Once your voter ID is issued, the validity of the card will last for a lifetime. You also need to take care of your Voter Card so that you don’t lose it. Still, if you have lost your Voter Id card issued by the Election Commission of India, you can easily obtain a new Duplicate Voter Id card. With the help of this article, you can get all the information which is related to the voter id card duplicate download, application status, benefits of the Voter Id card, eligibility criteria, etc.
A Voter ID card is one of the most important documents issued by the government to the citizens. It gives the cardholder permission to choose his own leader by the voting process. There are many elections conducted in a year such as Loksabha Elections, Rajyasabha Elections, Vidhan Sabha Elections, Panchayat Elections, By-Elections & many others.
Voter id card duplicate download online through the Official Portal, follow these easy steps which help you in downloading your Duplicate Voter ID Card.
Duplicate Voter ID Card Online
If your previous Voter Id card has been mutilated, you can apply for a duplicate card. You will have to visit the official website of the National Voters Service Portal to get a new Voter Id card. In India, there are two major elections viz., Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha. One is responsible for the election of the right candidate for a Prime Minister while the other one is conducted for the election of the Chief Minister.
These elections are held every five years. During this period, many voters who have obtained an age of 18 or lost his/ her voter Id card can apply for a duplicate voter Id card. You will be able to get your duplicate Voter Id card after applying for the same within one month.
Highlights of the Voter ID Duplicate Copy Online
|Article Category||Procedure of applying for a new Voter Id Card|
|Beneficiary||People who have Lost Their Voter Id Cards|
|Application Procedure||Online/ Offline|
|Estimated Time||1 Month|
|Voter ID Registration||Online Process|
|Voter Download Forms||Click Here|
People who have changed their address can also apply for a duplicate voter ID with the renovation of the incorrect entry. If you want to apply for the transcript of a Voter Id, you will have to fill in a certain application form.
Duplicate Voter ID Benefits
New applicants or duplicate voter Card applicants can go through some easy steps to make a new voter id card. If you get a Voter Id card, you will be able to access the benefits of various government schemes. Following are the vital benefits of the EPIC/ Voter Id card:
- You can open a bank account with this identity card.
- You can take ration after the use of Voter Id cards as an identity card in Ration Sales Centers.
- Election Commission also permits the user to replace the voter ID card if they want to get a new one.
- Application forms for the Duplicate Voter Id card will be available through online mode. And you can apply for it conveniently.
- Voter ID cardholders can also apply to issue a duplicate Voter Card through an offline method. You can get the application form from the official website of the National Voter Service Portal.
- You can use this ID as an identity card in any type of work.
- You can get it by making a duplicate voter ID by going to the Election Office.
- If you want any Changement in the entries, you will not have to go to an election office. Simply, you can fill in the application form by following some simple steps in the NVSP, Election Commission of India portal.
Duplicate Voter ID Card Eligibilities
If you have to apply for a duplicate identity card, then you must have to follow all the eligibility conditions as mentioned below:
- You must be an Indian Citizen.
- Age must not be < 18 years.
- You should already hold a voter Id card previously.
- You need to show a copy of the FIR if the card has been stolen or fallen down.
Documents Required for Duplicate Voter ID
- Ration Card
- Passport Size Photo
- Income Certificate
- Mobile Number
- EPIC Number (Voter Id Card Number)
- Permanent Residence Address
- Non-Permanent Address
- Birth certificate
- First Information Report (FIR) Copy
Duplicate Voter id card Offline Process
You should read the below steps to get the process of applying for a duplicate Voter Id card:
- First of all, you have to go to the Election Officer’s office.
- Collect duplicate voter id card form 002 online for making a new voter ID card.
- Here you should fill in all the relevant columns in the Duplicate Voter Id application form.
- You have to fill in your Name, Address, Old Voter ID Card Number, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Registered Mobile Number & Email Id, Aadhar Number, etc. Lastly, don’t forget to check the checkbox.
- Paste your photograph and put your signature in the relevant space.
- Attach all the relevant documents along with the application form for the issuance of a new voter id card.
- You need to attach photocopies of Aadhar card, ration card, etc.
- Before handing over the application form to the relevant officials, you need to review it once.
- After submitting your application form to the Election Officers, it will be rechecked by the official, and approval of a new voter Id card will be made by the officials.
- Once the verification of the Voter Id card application form will be made, you will be able to get a new Voter Id card at your registered address.
- You will also be informed of the same through the mobile number filled in the application form.
Duplicate Voter Id Card Apply Online
People who are aware of the online procedure can apply the following steps:
- Step: 1 First of all, you have to download the form for a duplicate voter ID form from the official website of the National Voters Service Portal @ www.nvsp.in.
- Step: 2 Once you fill the application form for the same, you need to put all the important information onto it.
- Step: 3 After filling in all the details in the application form, you need to recheck it once before the submission.
- Step: 4 Here you should also attach all the necessary documents that are required to attach with it.
- Step: 5 You must have to attach all the vital documents such as a copy of the FIR, address proof, identity proof, Aadhar Card. etc.
- Step: 6 After this, you have to submit this form to your local election officials/ BLO. From that, you will get a reference number.
- Step: 7 With the help of this, you can find out from the website of the election officer of your state whether your voter has been able to make an I-card or not.
- Step: 8 Once the voter card is created, you will be given information on your mobile number.
- Step: 9 Apart from this, you can also check the application form through your generated reference number.
Check Duplicate Voter ID card Status
- First of all, you have to go to the official website –> Duplicate Voter id card Status
- Once you click on the above link of NVSP, you will be able to get the homepage of your NVSP portal.
- Here you need to click and enter the duplicate voter id card download by epic number on that page.
- Then a page will open in front of you and in that you will get the voter id duplicate status of your voter ID card.
Duplicate Voter ID Card Issue Helpline
Issues on the portal kindly send your feedback to ECI Technical support toll-free Number :1800111950
Voter ID duplicate Card Apply FAQs
Where can I get a duplicate NVSP voter ID card?
If you have lost your Voter ID card, you can either fill the application form for the same after taking a printout of Form 001 or can go to the nearest election office.
My voter ID card is lost and I do not have a photocopy of the voter ID card. Can I get a duplicate voter ID card?
Yes, | If you do not have a photocopy of the old voter ID card, you need to have the Voter ID Card Number of the previous one. With the help of this number, you easily apply for the Voter Id card.
What are the documents required to fill the application form of the documents NVSP Voter Id Card?
You need to have your Aadhar Card, Old Voter Id Card, Passport, Driving License, PAN Card, Any Other Identity Card issued by the Government of India, etc.
You May Like