Atal Pension Yojana Scheme (APY) is purely made for workers of an unorganized sector. The workers will get a pension amount after 60 years of age when they stop earning. Under this Atal Pension Yojana(APY) the beneficiary will get a pension amount ranging from 1000-5000 rupees. All the beneficiaries can apply for this Atal Yojana Scheme both offline and online modes. Monthly financial assistance will be provided by the government to all the beneficiaries under the APY scheme.
In this article, we will guide you properly, so that you can get clear information about Atal Yojana Pension Scheme (APY), and you can also know how to apply for this Atal Yojana, what are the eligibility criteria and what benefits can a beneficiary get under Atal Pension.
Atal Pension Yojana Calculations are explained in a detailed manner on New Chart and Application Forms are given below.
Atal Pension Yojana Scheme Details
The main objective of Atal Pension is to provide financial assistance to the workers of unorganized sectors. The Atal Yojana scheme was mentioned in 2015-16 budget sessions by union finance minister Arun Jaitley. The Central government will take contributions from workers in their prime time and once they retire, then the government starts to provide monthly income based on the contribution they make.
Highlights of Atal Pension Yojana Scheme (APY)
|Name Of the Portal||National Portal Of India|
|Yojana Name||Atal Pension Yojana (APY)|
|Launched By||Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 1st 2015|
|Scheme Type||Central Government Scheme|
|Scheme Category||Pension Scheme|
|Objective||To provide pensions for workers of unorganized sector after 60years.|
Atal Pension Yojana Chart (APY Chart)
Here you can have a look at the Apy chart table so that you can get a clear day about contributions you need to pay in order to get your expected pension amount under Atal Yojana Pension Scheme.
|Applicant Age||Remaining years of contribution||Monthly Contribution to get 1000 monthly Pension||Monthly Contribution to get 2000 monthly pension||Monthly Contribution to get 3000 monthly pension||Monthly Contribution to get 4000 monthly pension||Monthly Contribution to get 5000 monthly pension|
Atal Pension Yojana Eligibility Criteria (APY)
To get enrolled under Atal Yojana Scheme, beneficiaries need to meet certain eligibility criteria. Here we provide you a list of eligibility criteria points. If a Beneficiary meets the below-mentioned conditions he/she can apply for Atal Pension Yojana Scheme (APY).
- Applicant’s age must be between 18-40 years.
- Applicants must be a worker from an unorganized sector.
- Applicants should possess a savings bank account/post office savings bank account.
- The mobile number and phone number should be linked to a bank account.
- Applicants should not be a beneficiary of any social security scheme.
- Applicants should not be income taxpayers.
Atal Pension Yojana Documents Required
Here is the list of documents needed while you are applying for the Atal Pension Yojana Scheme.
How to Apply Atal Pension Yojana Offline
- Applicants can apply for this Atal Yojana by visiting the respective banks in which they have an account.
- The Beneficiary can get APY scheme forms, the forms are available in different languages based on the convenience he can choose the language, need to fill the form and submit to the respective bank officer.
- Once the account gets open, the applicant gets an SMS to his registered mobile number.
- KYC details automatically get linked to the scheme.
Also Read: Download MNREGA Job Card @ nrega.nic.in
How to Fill Atal Pension Yojana form
- In the first section, you need to fill in your bank account number, bank name, and bank branch.
- In the second section, you need to fill in your personal details like Name of the Applicant, Date Of Birth, Email ID, Marital Status, Aadhaar number.
- In the same personal details section, you will have an additional sub-section for minors where they need to provide the details of the guardian and his date of birth.
- In the third section, you need to choose the minimum guaranteed pension amount as per your expectations.
- After filling three sections you need to keep your signature, as you are giving a declaration that all the details are true.
These are the details you need to fill in the application form. Application forms will be available in different languages in every language. These are details you will be asked to fill.
Atal Pension Yojana form PDF Download in English
Atal Pension Yojana Online Apply Procedure
A beneficiary can also apply online through atal pension official website. Here are a couple of procedures where you can fill the application form. Here we explain the Atal pension net banking online procedure of major banks.
Atal Pension Yojana Online Apply State Bank Of India
- Open the Official website of SBI onlinesbi.com and press login
- You will be redirected to a new page and after Entering Your user name and password and press login.
- A new page will be opened, click on the menu tab.
- You will find a new page, then look for an e-services option, click on this option. Then you will get the Social Security Scheme option, click on it.
- A new page is opened, choose scheme as Atal Pension Yojana Scheme (APY) and also enter your account number, press submit.
- A new page is opened where you need to enter your CIF number, press submit.
- Then you will get an application form fill in the details, and submit
Atal Pension Yojana Apply Online Punjab National Bank
- First, go to the play store and Download PNBONE app.
- Install the app and by entering your net banking credentials complete the login.
- There you will find several options and choose the Government Initiatives option.
- A new page will be opened, you will three schemes among them choose Atal Pension Yojana Scheme and click on it.
- A list of terms and conditions will appear, read them after reading, click the check box and press continue.
- Applications get opened, fill the details and submit
Atal Pension Yojana Apply Online ICICI Bank
- Open the Official website of ICICI Bank ICICIBank.com
- The home page will be opened and click on customer service.
- A new page is opened, click on service request.
- Then click on enroll for Atal Pension Yojana from Bank Accounts.
- An application appears on a new page, fill the application with the required details and submit.
Also Read: PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Beneficiary Status
Contribution of Atal Pension Yojana Details
The monthly contributions are directly debited from the applicant’s bank accounts. If there are any issues raised in the process of deduction like insufficient funds or no contribution made, such scenarios are dealt with in the following ways.
- After 6 months the account will be frozen.
- After 12 months the account will be deactivated.
- After 24 months the account will be closed.
Atal Pension Yojana Penalty Details
- If the applicants delay the payment of contributions continuously, a heavy penalty is levied. There are certain penalties under Atal Yojana Scheme (AYP).
- Rupees 1 for a month for contribution up to 100 per month.
- Rupees 2 per month for the contribution up to rupees 101 to 500 per month.
- Rupees 5 per month for the contribution up to rupees 501 to 1000 per month.
- Rupees 10 per month for the contribution beyond rupees 1001 per month.
Benefits of Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
- Under this Atal Pension Yojana, applicants will be guaranteed with minimum pension benefit by the government, assuming that if the actual returns on the pension contributions are less than the assumed returns to give a minimum guaranteed pension, that shortage will be funded by the government.
- On the other hand, if the actual returns on the pension contributions are higher than the assumed returns to give minimum guaranteed pensions, that excess amount will be credited to the applicant’s bank account as enhanced scheme benefits.
- To each eligible applicant, who has joined Atal Pension Yojana Scheme between 1st June 2015 to 31st March 2016, the government has already co-contributed 50% of his per annum. Government co-contribution is payable to eligible Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRANs) by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) after getting the confirmation from the central record. The government provided co-contribution for 5 years from the financial year 205-16 to 2019-20.
- Atal Yojana Scheme beneficiaries have a tax benefit, on the contributions and investment returns on such contributions, up to a ceiling. The pension income of the beneficiary will be taxed at the appropriate marginal rate of tax, applicable to the subscriber.
Atal Pension Yojana Important Forms
|SUBSCRIBER REGISTRATION FORM||Download PDF|
|REGISTRATION FORM FOR EXISTING SWAVALAMBAN YOJANA SUBSCRIBERS||Download PDF|
|SUBSCRIBER DETAILS MODIFICATION AND CHANGE OF APY-SP FORM||Download PDF|
|ATAL PENSION YOJANA (APY) FORM TO UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE PENSION AMOUNT||Download PDF|
|APY DEATH & SPOUSE CONTINUATION FORM||Download PDF|
|VOLUNTARY EXIT APY WITHDRAWAL FORM||Download PDF|
|APY APPLICATION FOR BANKS TO BE REGISTERED UNDER ATAL PENSION YOJANA||Download PDF|
|APY SERVICE PROVIDER REGISTRATION FORM||Download PDF|
|SUBSCRIBER GRIEVANCE REGISTRATION(G1) FORM FOR APY SUBSCRIBER||Download PDF|
Atal Pension Yojana Customer Care Number
APY Pension Customer Service Number:
1800-180-1111 / 1800-110-001
Atal Pension Yojana Customer Care State wise Toll-Free Number list
|S.No.||State Name||Name Of SLBC Convenor Bank||Toll Free Number|
|1||Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Bank||1800-425-8525|
|2||Andman & Nicobar Island||State Bank of India||1800-345-4545|
|3||Arunachal Pradesh||State Bank of India||1800-345-3616|
|4||Assam||State Bank of India||1800-345-3756|
|5||Bihar||State Bank of India||1800-345-6195|
|6||Chandigarh||Punjab National Bank||1800-180-1111|
|7||Chhattisgarh||State Bank of India||1800-233-4358|
|8||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dena Bank||1800-225-885|
|9||Daman & Diu||Dena Bank||1800-225-885|
|10||Delhi||Oriental Bank of Commerce||1800-1800-124|
|11||Goa||State Bank of India||1800-2333-202|
|13||Haryana||Punjab National Bank||1800-180-1111|
|14||Himachal Pradesh||UCO Bank||1800-180-8053|
|15||Jharkhand||Bank of India||1800-345-6576|
|19||Madhya Pradesh||Central Bank of India||1800-233-4035|
|20||Maharashtra||Bank of Maharashtra||1800-102-2636|
|21||Manipur||State Bank of India||1800-345-3858|
|22||Meghalaya||State Bank of India||1800 – 345 – 3658|
|23||Mizoram||State Bank of India||1800-345-3660|
|24||Nagaland||State Bank of India||1800-345-3708|
|27||Punjab||Punjab National Bank||1800-180-1111|
|28||Rajasthan||Bank of Baroda||1800-180-6546|
|29||Sikkim||State Bank of India||1800-345-3256|
|30||Telangana||State Bank of Hyderabad||1800-425-8933|
|31||Tamil Nadu||Indian Overseas Bank||1800-425-4415|
|32||Uttar Pradesh||Bank of Baroda||1800-102-4455 1800-223-344|
|33||Uttrakhand||State Bank of India||1800-180-4167|
|34||West Bengal and Tripura||United Bank of India||1800-345-3343|
APY Frequently Asked Questions
Who Administers the Atal Pension Yojana Scheme?
The Government of India provides the“Atal Pension Yojana Scheme” and Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) administers it.
Who is eligible for this Atal Pension Yojana Scheme?
The workers from unorganized sectors between the age of 18-40 years are eligible for this scheme.
How much pension is provided?
It depends on the monthly contributions made by the applicant. The pension amount ranges from 1000-5000. Based on the contributions made the pension amount will be decided.
How to Apply for this Atal Pension Yojana Scheme?
You can apply for the Atal Pension Yojana scheme in two ways, you can apply at the respective banks where you have an account. You can also apply online if you have a net banking facility for your account.