Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sichai Yojna PMKSY was started on 1 July 2015. The motto of the yojana was, ‘har khet ko paani’ means every farmland will receive assured irrigation facility, reducing water wastage and enhancing productivity. PMKSY focuses on developing resources for guaranteed irrigation with the help of micro-level rainwater harvesting.
The yojana is supervised and taken care of by the Inter-Ministerial National Steering Committee (NSC). And, the process will be under the Prime Minister’s cabinet. There will be a national executive committee that will handle all the yojana proceedings. Another department called NITI Aayog is supposed to oversee all the programming and coordination of the yojana.
PMKSY Scheme Reasons for Implementing
- More than 65 million hectares (45%) are under the irrigation process. To date, there is a substantial dependence on rainfall and that calls for high risks at unirrigated areas. Therefore, they turn out to be less productive.
- Observational pieces of evidence imply that guaranteed or emergency watering supports farmers to advance more in agriculture technology including inputs pointing to fertility augmentation and raised farm revenue.
- The overarching idea of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) is to get secure access to emergency watering/irrigation to every farm in the nation, to provide ‘per drop more crop’, therefore producing extremely solicited agricultural expansion.
Also Check: Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana PMSBY
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Overview
|Name of the organization||Government of India|
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sichai Yojna|
|Launched on||1 July 2015|
|Announced by||Indian Govt.|
|Aid to||Farmers of the state|
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana Offers Stable Benefits
- Farmers will obtain the concurrence of advances as investments in irrigation from the field level, district level, and sub-district level plans for right water usage.
- Improve the natural access of water to the farm and grow the cultivable region supporting secured irrigation facility. The alliance of the sources of water, spreading and efficient usage is taken care under the PMKSY by the use of appropriate technologies.
- Support expansion projects like harvesting water, management of water, and produce alignment for producers/farmers and grass root level field agents. The yojna will help to investigate the probability of reusing clean municipal wastewater for the cultivation in peri-urban areas. Moreover, this scheme will help draw more comprehensive separate investments for irrigation.
Eligibility Criteria for States to obtain PMKSY Scheme
- Any state will turn eligible for PMKSY only if it has developed a proper District irrigation plan and state irrigation plan, besides the initial year.
- States who want to secure access to the funds under PMKSY have to present the expenditure of water sheet, keeping by the baseline expenditure.
- States can receive additional value for charges relating to the need for water and electricity for watering/irrigation.
With this, we come to the end of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sichai Yojna. The scheme is good and all the states must be prepared to make sure they can retain or gain access to the scheme laid down by the central government.