The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is a scheme by the government of India which has a motto of making affordable housing available for poor sections of the society. The scheme was initiated on 25th June 2015 and has a plan to develop 2 crore homes for the urban-poor dwellers. By 31 March 2022, the government wishes to fulfill the target before 75th Independence Day.
In association with the real-estate builders, who envisions the setting up of reasonable and affordable pucca houses with the help of eco-friendly methods in chosen cities. There is another scheme that works under the PMAY known as the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme. It offers subsidies for home loans for both purchase and renovation.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List 2021 and Eligibility Criteria
Once applied for PMAY, the applicants will receive a reference number and with that individuals can check whether their name is up there on the accepted list or not. This is a list of people whose applications received acceptance from the government.
Also Check: Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana PMSBY
PMAY Key Points
|Name of the organization||Government of India|
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana|
|Launched on||June 2015|
|Announced by||Indian Govt.|
|Aid to||Urban and rural poor|
|Aid per month (rs) / Aid in kind||Housing and Renovation|
Let us see who is eligible to apply for PMAY Scheme.
- The applicant must live in a kutcha house and cannot have any pucca house anywhere in the country.
- None of the family members of the applicant must have any housing government scheme under their name.
- The husband and wife can jointly own the property but the subsidy will be received by one person of the family of the applicant.
- The overall income of the family must be between 6 lakh to 18 lakh and applicants can also offer the income details of spouse (If any).
- People who already have a house under their name cannot apply for PMAY Yojana
- People who belong to the lower rags of the economic strata can also apply for PMAY and avail the benefits.
Remember, applicants can either buy or construct properties under the PMAY scheme.
Mani Objective of PMAY
If we go by the estimates, there are several residential properties that remain unsold in urban cities. On the contrary, there is a huge shortage of housing for urban poor people. The reason for the implementation of the scheme is to bridge this gap. Here we will give you the four prime aspects of this scheme.
- Abolition of slums and have pucca houses for all
- Undertake affordable housing projects working with union territories and states
- Granting home loan subsidy by offering a lower rate of interest for economically poor section of the society
Check your Name in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List
The PMAY list is available to the applicants in two different categories, one is urban and the other is rural. The Gramin/Urban categories have different ways of checking their names on the PMAY List.
For Rural category
- First, open the PMAY-Gramin official website
- Write the registration number and submit the request.
Check without registration number
- Open the website of PMAY-Gramin
- Click on the advanced search bar ignoring registration number request
- There will be a form and you have to fill it up with all the right details
- Click on the search option.
For Urban Category
- Open the official PMAY Gramin website
- You will get to see an option called Search Beneficiary’
- Search by the name on that particular bar.
- Offer the first 3 characters of the beneficiary name
- Press on the show button
1 thought on “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List 2021 – PMAY Gramin Housing Scheme”
Nice Scheme good information