Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card Online Status, Apply: Tamilnadu government has digitalized the ration card process for state people convenience. Everything is done online including the application of Ration card submission and distribution. Here we are going to explain to you in brief about the smart ration card That is TNPDS, applying digital ration card step by step procedure, how to check the status of Tamil Nadu ration card online, specifications of digital ration card, both offline and online procedure for ration card application, the process at ration shop and also important help desk details for client support.
One Nation One Ration Card is Implemented in TamilNadu also. To Reprint your TNPDS Smart Ration Card Rs. 20\-
TNPDS Smart Ration Card
There are 4 types of digital ration cards for the residents of Tamilnadu state. Here are the points listing the types of cards and their purpose.
- Light Green cards: these are issued for rice and other commodities from Fair Price Shops
- White Cards: These are issued to receive 3kg extra sugar over the prescribed quota
- No Commodity card: These cards are issued for the people of the state who are not eligible to receive any commodity from the ration shop
- Khaki Cards: For the police of the Tamilnadu State according to the ranking of Inspectors.
Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card Online Portal Services at www.tnpds.gov.in
Online website www.tnpds.gov.in portal services provide customer services like the online portal, mobile application for easy access, SMS service for reference, call centers, and email service for customer support and also on Facebook, etc social media platforms.
Digitalization and automation of the ration card system In Tamilnadu state have improved consumer services with huge benefits and can also know their services centers and nearest ration shops.
Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card|
|Launched by||Tamilnadu PDS|
|For the Benefit of||Tamil Nadu state Residents|
|The objective of the launch||Distribution of Ration cards online|
List of TDMS Smart Ration card Online Portal Service
- Add members: Tamilnadu state citizens can now add their family member name in the card using this online portal
- Change of address: Citizens can now update or make changes to the address through this online portal
- Family Head member change: Any citizen can change the name of the family head member in the ration card from this online portal
- Remove the name of a family member: citizens can remove the name of the desired family member form the card using this portal
- Card cancellation/ Surrender: you can also cancel or surrender your ration card through this online portal
- Card-related service request status: service request status for ration card can also be checked on this portal
- Change Sugar Card to Rice Card: citizens can change their sugar ration card to rice ration card from this online portal
Objectives of TNPDS Online Ration Card
The government of Tamilnadu has introduced the Tamil Nadu Ration card system for the welfare of the people of the state. Smart ration card inauguration in the Tamilnadu state leads to the following objectives
- Helps in the prevention of Fraudulent practices
- Authentic resident information of every citizen is recorded
- Digitalization helps in the recursion of paper cost
- A lot of time and money are saved in printing and distribution of ration cards
- Online ration card distribution is time effective and genuine.
- Every resident of the state can now apply for ration card easily with the online process
- The online ration card process is transparent to all the residents.
Important Documents for Ration Card Online
Below is the list of important documents that are required for applying for digital ration card in Tamilnadu state
- Aadhar card of the citizen
- Valid Pan Card
- Recent passport size photograph
- Bank passbook
- Caste/Category Certificate
- Income certificate of the applicant
- Recent Electricity bill
TNPDS Online Ration Card Application Form Procedure
Follow the below simples steps to apply for Digital Ration card online:
- Logon to the official TNPDS department website www.tnpds.gov.in
- On the Homepage, you can find the Smart card application option மின்னணு அட்டை விண்ணப்பிக்க. Click on it
- Register yourself by entering all the details in the application form like family members details, upload photographs of prescribed size, address, etc.
- Also, add gas connection details and declaration at the end and submit the form
- After submission, you will receive a reference number to the registered mobile number.
- Keep this number safe, to check the status of your application and until you get your smart ration card.
TNPDS Offline Application Procedure at Ration Shop
Follow these simples’ steps to apply for ration card via offline mode i.e., by visiting ration shop
- Firstly, visit the ration shop and collect an application form.
- Fill up the application form and attach the required documents
- You can also download the form online and fill the form
- Once done with filling up the details, submit the form at the concerned department
- Here also you will receive a reference number for further status checking.
- Keep it safe until you receive the ratio card.
Apply Ration Card Online Tamilnadu in Mobile App
- Citizens of Tamilnadu state can also apply for ration card online through a mobile application. Tamilnadu state government has launched a mobile application for this purpose.
- Applicants can register through this app form mobile phone, without visiting ration shop or registration center
- Check out below links for mobile application for both IOS and Android mobile users
- Click on these links to install this application for ration card.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status Check Online
Follow these steps to check your Tamilnadu state ration card application status online:
- Visit TNPDS official website www.tnpds.gov.in
- On the homepage, find the Application Status option மின்னணு அட்டை விண்ணப்பத்தின் நிலை and click on it
- You will be redirected to the next page, there enter your registration number
- Click on submit button to find your application status on the screen
Complain Register Process on TNPDS Portal
If you have any issue or grievance related to the smart ration card application, you can register a complaint using this portal. Follow these steps to register an online complaint:
- Log on to the official website www.tnpds.gov.in
- On the homepage, left side find “Register a Complaint” “புகாரைப் பதிவு செய்ய” option and click on it
- Enter Name, Mobile Number, Email, Description of the complaint and click on Submit
- You can check complaint status after successful complaint submission and also send feedback
- Click on this link to raise a Complaint Directly
Main Links of Tamil Nadu Ration Card Service
|Citizen tnpds login|
|TN Smart Ration Card Online Registration|
மின்னணு அட்டை விண்ணப்பிக்க
|TN Smart Ration card status|
மின்னணு அட்டை விண்ணப்பத்தின் நிலை
|Send Feedback/complain||Send Here|
|Corrections of Details (Name, Age, etc.,) in smart ration card|
மின்னணு அட்டை திருத்தம் செய்ய
|Electronic card transfer Status |
மின்னணு அட்டை விவர மாற்றம்
| Add Member in card|
|Change Sugar Card to Rice Card||Click Here|
|Change of Address in card|
முகவரி மாற்றம் செய்ய
|Family Head Member Change|
குடும்பத் தலைவர் மாற்றம் செய்ய
|Remove Family Member from the ration card|
குடும்ப உறுப்பினர் நீக்க
|Card Surrender / Cancellation for ration card||Click Here|
|Card Related Service Request Status||Click Here|
TNPDS SMS Service Public Distribution System
Public Distribution System of Tamilnadu state is automated to provide SMS services along with the online portal for public convenience. TNPDS offers 3 types of SMS services with the following description codes –
- PDS <space>101 – Know the availability of the commodity or stock balance at the ration shop
- PDS <space> 102 – status of ration shop/FPS, either open or close
- PDS <space> 107 – to register any complaints about wrong billing
Now depending on your service request, type the code of the SMS service and send it to 9980904050 from their register mobile number
Helpdesk Contact Number
TNPDS provides Help desk contact numbers to provide any customer services and help regarding the Smart ration card. Contact these Help Desk numbers – 1967 or 1800-425-5901
Customer services from these helplines numbers can improve the efficiency of the PDS system automation, facilitates more transparency and more visibility to the public.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Implementation Status
Family Card Details
I Hope, our article has provided you with useful details about the automated TNPDS system, online portal services, and step by step procedures. Check out the registration process and other services detailed above to know the online ration card distribution. If you have any more doubts about this digitalization process of ration card services, please do comment below. We respond to you immediately.
TNPDS Frequently Asked Questions
What are the types of TNPDS ration cards available?
Tamilnadu state provides 4 types of ration cards. You can get more details about the ration card from the above document. Citizens who have any of these ration cards can apply for a smart ration card.
Can everyone avail TNPDS SMS services?
Only registered Tamilnadu citizens are eligible to avail the online portal and SMS services
Can we register a complaint?
All the registered citizens can raise a complaint using an online portal or SMS service
What the benefits of the smart ration card and online portal?
1. View ration card details online
2. View, add or remove family member details
3. Update or view address
4. View Aadhar details online
5. Do necessary changes online whenever needed
6. Raise grievance and check the status
7. Check transaction details and enlightenments
8. Give your feedback
What if My mobile number is not registered to my TNPDS ration card?
You can contact help desk number 1967/1800-425-5901 and get your mobile number registered using customer service at the help desk
I am not interested to take PDS commodity, what should I do?
In such a case, you can convert your card into a “NO Commodity card” using the facility on the online portal.
How can I check my ration card status in Tamilnadu?
On the official website, click on the application status option. on the next page, enter the reference number provided to you on your registered mobile number while applying for the ration card. With that reference number, you can check ration card status
You May Like