Sikkim Birth certificate is a document that provides proof of your Date and Place of Birth. States made it compulsory that everyone needs to be register Birth and even it’s useful for obtaining a different kind of certificates, that can be useful in your life. In This Article, we are going to guide you on how to apply for a Sikkim Birth certificate, required documents, and Sikkim date of Birth government free structure.
Sikkim Government has appointed that Hospitals and public health centers are Birth registering centers so you can register your baby birth in this centers service between 10 AM and 4 PM.
Sikkim Birth certificate Registrations Act
Registration of Birth of a Minor Child at an Indian Consulate Under section 4(1) of the Citizenship Act 1955. It got mandatory to Register Birth in India and a law enacted called the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969.
If you need to obtain a Birth certificate, your Birth has to be Register within 21 Days. If the Birth has Registered after 21 Days, then Applicant has to provide additional documents for applying.
Sikkim Birth Certificate Overview
|Article Name||Date of Birth Certificate Sikkim|
|Portal Name||Government of Sikkim|
Also Read: SSMMS TS Sand Booking Online
Birth certificate Sikkim Required Documents
Essential documents required for applying the Sikkim Birth certificate.
- If the Birth takes place at the hospital:
- Register code is needed.
- If the birth takes place at home:
- The candidate needs to approach the concerned office and inform in writing. Later it will get verified and the certificate will be issued by the officers.
- Address Proof
- PAN (Permanent Account Number)
- Driving License
- Bank Certificate
- Post Office Pass Book
- Electricity Bill
- NOTE: (Anyone Proof is enough)
- Aadhar cards of parents
- Basic details:
- Name of the parent
- Date of the birth of the child
- Hospital discharge certificate
- In case of late registration (after 21 Days)
- The notary is required indicating the Date and place of birth, Name of parents.
- A request letter from father/mother
- The required details as above mentioned.
- In case of delayed Registration (after a month but within a Year)
- You have to obtain permission from the authorities as Advised.
- In case of applied after 1 Year
- Need to obtain judicial order from a Magistrate and attach it with the prescribed Application form.
Newborn babies and those who born before the implementation of the Births & Deaths Registration Act 1969 in the state of Sikkim are eligible to avail of the service.
Also Read: Jagananna Vidya Deevena
Birth Certificate Fee
There are different fee structures on registration of the Sikkim Birth Certificate and it completely depends on the time, when you register.
|Within 21 Days||No Fee|
|After 21-30 days||Rs 5/-|
|After 30 days but within 1 year||Rs 5/- and shall be registered only With the permission of the registrar|
|After 1 year||Rs, 10/- and order made by Area Magistrate.|
Sikkim Birth Certificate Application Procedure in Offline
To apply a Birth certificate, follow the following steps.
- First, visit the concerned Chief Registrar Office.
- The candidate needs to obtain the Application Form.
- Fill the Application form and attach the required details.
- Submit the Application form to the concerned officers.
- You will get an acknowledgment slip after Applying your Form.
- The Slip will Use to get the Birth certificate.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
You can apply and registrar your baby Birth in the Birth registering Hospitals and public health centers appointed by the Sikkim Government.
Sikkim Birth Certificate FAQ
How many copies of Birth certificates can be obtained?
Any number of copies can be obtained under the Provision of Section 17of the Act by anyone by paying the prescribed fee.
whether the fee could be charged for the correction/cancellation of entries in the record?
No, the fee is charged for correction/cancellation in the Birth records
You May Like