The Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana Gramin that is currently known as the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is very beneficial for the rural people who can’t afford homes due to the lack of finances. Earlier, Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana was started in 1985 by the then Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi. The main objective of PMAY is for the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Bonded Laborers Living in Rural Areas and people who subsist Below the Poverty Line will be provided benefits of the housing scheme.
And for the SC/ ST community, BPL cardholders will be given 50% assistance under the housing scheme. And the remaining 35% is for non-SC / ST BPL cardholders. Furthermore, 10% and 15% of the mentioned categories are reserved for mentally-physically challenged persons. With the help of this article, you can know every detail related to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G).
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021 list has Released
If you want to know the application procedure of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, or application status, & other major information related to the PMAY 2021, you should read this article thoroughly.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin 2021
Rural Housing Scheme (IAY) has been proved very beneficial for the people since 1985 and it has benefitted lakhs of people throughout the country. The name of Indira Gandhi Yojana has been changed in the year 2017 and now it will be known as the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. This scheme is beneficial for poor people living in rural areas. One of the most important things is that the list of persons who will be eligible to avail of benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin 2021 will be approved by the concerned Gram Sabhas on the basis of the BPL list.
BPL Cardholders will be able to get benefits. The Pradhan Mantri Housing Scheme has been divided in some proportion between the Central Government and the State Governments. And till a few years ago, the unit cost of construction was given to 30,000 rupees, and now the cost has been increased from 80 to 90 thousand. So far, the government has built more than 4 lakh houses in the past few years. The Ministry of Rural Development is aiming to provide houses to every Gramin by the year 2022.
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G)|
|Started||IAY – 1985 (Turned Into PMAY – G – 2017)|
|Aim||To Provide Pucca House to Every Eligible Homeless Gramin|
|Benefits||Houses Equipped With Basic Facilities in Rural Areas|
|PMAY Gramin New List 2020-21||Released|
PMAY Benefits 2021
If you want to get benefits from the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, you will have to go through a certain application procedure. You need to follow all the instructions that are necessary to follow for every applicant while filling an online application form. Following benefits can be obtained by any beneficiary of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin:
- After getting the nomination for the PMAY – G (Indira Awas Yojana), both husband and wife can enjoy joint ownership of houses built under the particular scheme.
- Ownership of the houses can also be allotted to women and disabled household members in the state government.
- Depraved sections in our society will greatly be able to avail the PMAY Gramin
- Benefits under this scheme will be available only to the homeless and those who are living lives below the poverty line.
- According to the directives of the plan, houses made under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) will be environmentally friendly, sustainable, and cater to basic needs.
- During the selection of the eligible application, SECS data has been used by the Government of India for the selection of the right beneficiaries.
- With the help of the National Level Technical Support Agency, the government of India is ensuring transparency in the work done under the PMAY.
- The poor people will get immense benefits from this scheme that will be sufficient for them to spend their life happily in their accommodation.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Required Documents
- Aadhar number
- Ration card
- Mobile number
- Income certificate
- Permanent residence certificate
- Passport size photo
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin Online Registration 2021
If you want to avail of PMAY – G, you can easily apply for it by going through an online method. You should read the below steps to know the procedure of applying for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021:
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website pmaymis.gov.in.
- Once you click on the above link, you will be able to get the homepage of the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas yojana rural.
- Then you have to select the benefit under the ‘Other 3 components’ option, under the ‘Citizen Assessment’ drop-down menu button.
- After selecting the particular option, you will be able to get a new page where you should enter your Aadhaar Number and Name as printed on Aadhar.
- IAY (PMAY – G) Applicants will have to fill a complete application form in the next section with information such as name, address, Aadhar number, etc. Then you have to enter the Captcha code and click the submit option.
- Also, tick the Declaration checkbox button before submitting the application form.
- Review the application form carefully and hit the submit option to submit your application form.
PMAY Status Check Online by Name
Most of the applications want to check the status of their application form after applying for the particular scheme. Hence if you submit the application form through online mode for the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana, you will have to follow the below steps:
- First, you have to go to the official website of PMAY Rural by clicking on the link https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/home.aspx.
- Now you will be able to get a new page on your computer screen.
- Then a new page will open in front of you. On that page, you have to click the option of ‘Stakeholders’ on the menu bar then click on ‘IAY / PMAYG beneficiary‘.
- After that, you have to enter your “registration number” and then hit the submit button.
- Now you can easily check the name of the beneficiary of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
- If you do not have a registration number and you have lost it then you need to go to the Advanced Search option.
- Fill in the information in the irrelevant form and submit it to get your registration number of the PMAY – G.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List 2021
After the abrupt attack of Coronavirus throughout the world, it made jobless many people in India as well. Many private workers are still suffering from a lack of money. It has also broken the dreams of many people of purchasing a new home or land. Hence eligible people who can’t manage the expenses of purchasing a new land can buy a new home under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Gramin Areas. You must have to follow all the eligibility conditions for the successful completion of your application procedure.
As per the data released in the last census, around 5-6 crore people live in urban slums while many numbers of people in the rural areas are also living the lives of slums. The Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana Gramin that is currently known as the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, is providing a great opportunity to the rural people who want to buy a new home to settle their families in Pukka Makan. As per the aim of the Indian Government, we want to provide housing for all in the next few years. If you are interested to apply for will have to follow some simple steps as mentioned above.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Form Download PDF
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Nodal Agency List State wise
|State/UT||Name of the organization|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Limited|
|Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh Township Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Government of Arunachal Pradesh|
|Assam||Government of Assam|
|Bihar||Government of Bihar|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh Housing Board|
|Chhattisgarh||Government of Chhattisgarh|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli, and Daman and Diu||Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, and Daman and Diu|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Goa||Government of Goa|
|Gujarat||Government of Gujarat|
|Haryana||State Urban Development Agency|
|Himachal Pradesh||Directorate of Urban Development|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu and Kashmir Housing Board|
|Jharkhand||Urban Development Department|
|Kerala||State Poverty Eradication Mission|
|Madhya Pradesh||Urban Administration and Development, GoMP|
|Maharashtra||Government of Maharashtra|
|Manipur||Government of Manipur|
|Meghalaya||Government of Meghalaya|
|Mizoram||Urban Development & Poverty Alleviation, Government of Mizoram|
|Nagaland||Government of Nagaland|
|Odisha||Housing and Urban Development (H&UD) Department|
|Puducherry||Government of Puducherry|
|Punjab||Punjab Urban Development Authority|
|Rajasthan||Rajasthan Urban Drinking Water, Sewerage & Infrastructure Corporation Ltd (RUDSICO)|
|Sikkim||Government of Sikkim|
|Tamil Nadu||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Telangana||Government of Telangana|
|Tripura||Government of Tripura|
|Uttarakhand||Directorate of Urban Development|
|Karnataka||Government of Karnataka|
|West Bengal||State Urban Development Authority|
|Uttar Pradesh||State Urban Development Agency (SUDA)|
PMAY Toll Free Number
PMAY Gramin FAQs
What is Indira Gandhi Housing Scheme?
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Formerly known as Indira Awas Yojana ) is a housing scheme that provides pucca and sustainable houses in rural areas by 2022. These homes will be well equipped with all basic facilities
How can I apply for the IAY Scheme?
You can easily go for the IAY scheme by contacting the Gram Sabha located in your village. You should fill the form obtained from the Gram Sabha. After filling all details in the PMAY Application Form, you need to submit it with some necessary documents as described above.
What is the full form of IAY?
The full form of IAY is Indira Awaas Yojana. The scheme is named after the former Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi. Currently, this scheme is known as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY – G).
You May Like