PMGKY COVID 19 Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package Insurance Scheme: The government of India released press information from New Delhi on 29th March 2020, regarding Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package. The announcement about the launch of ( PMGKY COVID 19 ) Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package: Insurance Scheme for Health Worker Fighting COVID-19, is made official now with complete approvals under few terms and conditions.
Best scheme from central government for the benefit of all the health works who are fighting for COVID-19, assisting the patients, volunteers, hospital workers and the welfare department. The following are the conditions for the approval
Government has extended Rs 50 Lakh insurance PMGKY COVID19 Scheme for healthcare providers till September
PMGKY COVID 19
- Insurance coverage of Rs. 50 Lakhs will be provided, under this scheme, for a total of 90 days to almost 22.12 lakh health care providers. This set includes community health workers who are taking care of COVID-19 patients, coming in contact with them directly and be at risk of being highly impacted. Insurance coverage is also implied to the patients who lose their life due to the contraction of COVID-19.
- Due to unprecedented emergency, all the staff from private hospital /retired/ volunteer/daily wage, contract, local urban bodies, ad-hoc and also outsourced staff from state or central hospitals or autonomous hospitals of states/central/ union territories, AIIMS & INIs, and hospitals of central ministers can also be taken into COVID-19 related responsibilities and operations. All the mentioned cases will also be covered under the Insurance scheme, subjected to the number showcased by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- Under ( PMGKY COVID 19 ) Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package scheme, this insurance provided will be over and above any other Insurance coverage of the beneficiary currently availing
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package in the light of COVID 19
Indian Banks association under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan scheme, throw light into the package during the C0VID-19 crisis on 02 April 2020, through notification release. Central Government IBA cares for you and your safety. Amount of Rs.500/- per month will be deposited into Women Jan Dhan Yojana account holders, for the next three months, under the ( PMGKY COVID 19 ) Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package.
No worries about the safety of money, or rushing to banks for withdrawal. As it’s deposited directly by the government into beneficiaries’ bank accounts, the amount is safe. Account-holders can withdraw money whenever required according to their convenience.
If any beneficiary intent to withdraw money immediately in the coming few days, they can do according to the schedule mentioned by banks, based on the last digit of their bank account number.
- 0 and 1 on 3rd April 2020
- 2 and 3 on 4th April 2020
- 4 and 5 on 5Th April 2020
- 6 and 7 on 6Th April 2020
- 8 and 9 on 7Th April 2020
PMGKY COVID 19 Guidelines for the Beneficiary/Account Holders
- Withdrawal should be made at banks by following Social distance at bank branches and Bank Mitra’s/CSP. Make sure to stop the spread of the Virus and start the spread of the Message.
- We request beneficiaries to use nearby ATMs, Bank Mitra’s/CSPs for money withdrawal and direct cash up to Rs.2000 at POS, to minizine crowdings at bank branches as much as possible.
- Please note that Govt of India has decided to cut charges for money withdrawal from any Bank ATMs, so no more charges at ATM withdrawal.
So please cooperate with the government during COVID-19, ensure your safety and comfort, and also your neighborhood. Stay safe and stay healthy, help us serve better.