Kisan Credit Card scheme has been launched by the Indian Government in 1998 to provide farmers with financial credit support at reasonable interest rates for their farming and allied activities. Every farmer who is between the age of 18 and 75 and who holds or cultivates farmland is eligible to apply for a PM Kisan Credit card.
The PM Kisan credit card yojana provides several benefits such as crop insurance, simple rate of interest, security-free loans, repayment based on crop harvesting, low-interest rates among others. In this article, you will get all information related to the Kisan Credit Card such as benefits of the card, eligibility criteria, KCC online Apply, documents required, and other similar questions you may have.
Bank online application forms link given below through the link you can apply for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Credit Card Yojana.
- 1 PM Kisan Credit Card Details
- 2 PM Kisan Scheme Highlights
- 3 Kisan Credit Card Benefits
- 4 Kisan Credit card Scheme Eligibility
- 5 PM Kisan Credit Card Required Documents
- 6 Kisan Credit Card Apply Online
- 7 Kisan Credit Card Application Form PDF Download
- 8 Kisan Credit Card Online Application Form
- 9 PM Kisan Credit Card Helpline Number
- 10 PM Kisan Credit Card Loan Scheme FAQs
PM Kisan Credit Card Details
Here we have explained the PM Kisan Credit card details this Credit Card Scheme has been initiated to help farmers with funds for farm inputs such as seeds, fertilizers, and other farm equipment. Kisan credit card scheme was initially developed by the National bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and is presently run by several commercial banks, public and private sector banks as well as rural regional banks. The documentation process for availing PM KCC credit is also made easy and the applicant only has to submit his proof of identity and address to the banks.
This card helps the farmer to obtain timely credit at subsidized rates of interest and in a very hassle-free manner from the designated financial institutions. Also, the farmer is not required to submit any security up to loans of 1.60 Lakhs. Once a KCC is obtained, the farmer does not have to go through the verification and screening process every subsequent year. He is given a Kisan credit card passbook bearing his name, credit limit which is based upon the crop and the area of the farm he holds, his photograph, and other verification credentials. This KCC loan passbook contains entries of financial credit issued to the farmer and his repayments along with applicable interest if any.
Also Read: Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme Benefits 2021
PM Kisan Scheme Highlights
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Kisan Credit Card Scheme|
|Department||Department of Agriculture, Co-operation and Farmers Welfare|
|Aim||To provide hassle-free credit to farmers for agricultural inputs|
|Kisan Credit card Scheme was Introduced in||The Year 1998|
|Benefits||Low-interest rates, Crop insurance, Simple rate of interest, Security free loans, Repayment based on crop harvesting among others|
|Kisan Credit Card Loan Amount||Maximum loan up to Rs. 3.00 lakh|
|Interest Rate||Start from 4%|
|Launched By||Indian Government|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers holding or cultivating farms in India|
|Age Limite||18 to 75 Years|
|Application Process||Online \ Offline|
|Jurisdiction||All over India|
Kisan Credit Card Benefits
The KCC scheme has a lot of benefits when compared to traditional money lenders. The major Kisan Credit Card Benefits are highlighted below:
- The process of securing credit under the Kisan credit card scheme has been made hassle-free and very easy to follow for all.
- The disbursement of credit to farmers is a very transparent and thorough institutional banking system making it easy for even uneducated farmers to understand.
- This KCC Online scheme makes it very easy for the farmer to make flexible loan repayments during the period of the loan.
- Also, a KCC farmer can increase his credit limit under this credit scheme depending upon his income and repayment schedule in the past.
- The Kisan credit card status holder also gets an option to avail crop insurance under this scheme. This helps the farmer to mitigate any losses arising due to unfavorable weather or any other reason which may lead to loss of crop income.
- The rate of interest applicable to loans secured under the KCC loan scheme is lower when compared to other institutional loans and significantly less than non-institutional money lenders.
Read this Article
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Online Registration
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Online Status
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Beneficiary Status in Hindi
Kisan Credit card Scheme Eligibility
In order to avail of credit facility the authorities have formulated the following Kisan Credit card Scheme Eligibility criteria:
- The farmer must be an individual holder or joint holder of cultivable land and must be actively engaged in farming or its allied activities.
- Credit under this scheme can be secured by the individual landowner or those who are cultivating the landholding.
- The minimum age limit for borrowers has been set to 18 years whereas the maximum age limit is set to 75 years.
- In the case where a borrowing farmer is over 60 years of age; then a co-borrower who is a legal heir to the borrower is mandatory to be added to the Kisan Card.
- Apart from the individuals mentioned above any tenant farmer, oral lessee, sharecroppers are also allowed to obtain credit for farmlands that they do not own themselves.
- The credit line is also available to self-help groups (SHGs) or joint liability groups.
Also Read: PMAYG List 2021 Beneficiaries Check
PM Kisan Credit Card Required Documents
In order to avail credit, the farmer must initially prove their identity, land holding, and address. For that they need to submit the Kisan credit card required documents list given below:
- For proof of identity the applicants can submit any of the following documents;
- To establish proof of address, the applicant can submit any of the following documents;
- Three previous months utility bills
- Ration card
- Property registration documents
- Bank account statement having the address
- PAN card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Job card issued under the Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA)
- Person of Indian origin card
- They also need to submit recent passport size photographs as per the number indicated by the bank and any additional documents which are required by the banks to be submitted for issuing the PM Kisan credit card.
Kisan Credit Card Apply Online
The applicant must follow the guidelines given below to secure a loan under the Kisan Credit Card Apply Online:
- First, check out which bank is offering the Kisan Credit Card Scheme in your area. Once you know the name of the bank, find out whether they require you to fill the application through an online or offline channel.
- Then fill out the application form as per the channel recommended by the bank, attach the relevant documents and submit the application to the designated loan officer.
- The loan officer will then check your application and upon fulfillment of all the requirements will decide on the credit limit that can be offered.
- Upon completion of all the formalities listed above, the loan officer will process the application and sanction the loan.
- Subsequently, the loan amount will be credited to your bank account and you will be issued the Kisan credit card.
Note: Kisan credit card online application procedure is not available you just need to download the Kisan credit card application form pdf from the official website.
Kisan Credit Card Application Form PDF Download
Kisan Credit Card Online Application Form
|Kisan Credit Card Bank List||Online Form Link|
|State Bank of India||Click Here|
|Punjab National Bank||Click Here|
|Bank of Baroda||Click Here|
|ICICI Bank||Click Here|
|Allahabad Bank||Click Here|
|Andhra Bank||Click Here|
|Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank||Click Here|
|Canara Bank||Click Here|
|Odisha Gramya Bank||Click Here|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Click Here|
|HDFC Bank||Click Here|
|Axic Bank||Click Here|
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Yojana List 2021
PM Kisan Credit Card Helpline Number
In case any help is required in relation to the KCC Scheme, applicants can contact the government helplines on the following numbers.
Toll-Free – 1800 115 526
Tolled Helpline Number – 0120-6025109/155261
In addition, one can also write to the PM Kisan KCC Help desk at their email address: [email protected]
PM Kisan Credit Card Loan Scheme FAQs
There can be a lot of queries related to the Kisan credit card scheme. Some of the common questions which are frequently asked are given below:
How can I apply for the loan under the PM KCC scheme?
You can visit the bank branch which is designated to give loans under the scheme in your area. Every bank has a designated loan officer who will help you go through the details of the application. Alternatively, you can also go through the details mentioned above in this article.
How much interest will I be charged under KCC Loan?
The rate of interest applicable to a KCC loan is decided by the bank. It depends upon several factors such as the area under cultivation, type of crop cultivated, the purpose of the loan, the previous credit history of the applicant, and similar such factors. You can visit the bank and give them all details so they can help you out with the interest rate which will be applicable to you. However, the maximum rate of interest that can be charged by any bank is regulated and checked by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Will I get Insurance under KCC?
The Kisan credit card scheme also provides for Crop Insurance under the National Crop Insurance Scheme. Additionally, insurance for personal accidents and assets is also available.
For which all farming activities can I take Kisan Credit loan?
Any landowner, cultivator, or similar other groups can opt for a credit facility under this scheme for several farming and allied activities such as expenses related to farm inputs including seeds, fertilizers, agricultural equipment’s, marketing, day to day expenses, maintenance of farm assets, and other allied activities such as dairy animals, sheep, goats, etc.
If I have not taken any loan till now or do not have a Kisan credit card, can I still apply for one? Yes, you can apply for a PM Kisan credit card anytime. Only you must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above in this article.
You May Like