The well-known Kartarpur Corridor connecting Dera Baba Nanak shrine in India’s Punjab with Darbar Sahib at Kartarpur in Pakistan has opened on the 12th of November.
Any Indian citizen who possesses an OCI card waiting to visit the Darbar Sahib can now easily register online. The online booking gateway went live shortly following India and Pakistan approved a landmark settlement on October 24, 2019, to operationalize the celebrated Kartarpur Corridor. Pakistan PM Imran Khan formally initiated the passage on 9th November, before the 550th birth centenary of Guru Nanak Dev.
Kartarpur Corridor Online Booking Latest Update
Online booking of Kartarpur Corridor has been suspended on March 16, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will update it here when it Reopens.
Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara Yatra Online
Pilgrims can simply register online. For this, they must be either resident of India or hold the Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card. cardholders must also hold valid Indian passport as well as Pakistan passports. People who want to visit must upload soft copies of certain important documents during the registration process. The documents are
- One soft copy of Passport size photograph.
- Soft copy of the scanned first and last page of the Indian valid passports.
- Overseas Citizen Cardholders must have their valid OCI card and the related documents and details with them.
Rules and Regulations
- Pilgrims who wish to visit the Darbar Sahib Gurudwara in Pakistan will have an allowance to carry rs 11,000 max cash and 7 kg of luggage bag.
- No pilgrims can venture any area beyond the shrine.
- Anyone below the age of 14 and above the age of 75 will have to travel in groups or families and follow an eco-friendly manner to travel.
- All the pilgrims from each side will visit and return the same day. Moreover, before visiting, prior registration is important.
- All pilgrims to wish to travel to Sri Kartarpur Sahib in Narowal district must go through the registration process. See, registration does not confirm the right to travel, only granted permission applicants can go and visit the shrines. It is essential to organize the tour in advance.
What has Happened so Far
As a matter of fact, the Kartarpur corridor is a visa-free corridor from India to Pakistan connecting the two holy Sikh shrines. For many years, Sikhs had to travel to Pakistan with passport and currency exchange, visa. Now, it has become easy to travel as passengers will have a visa-free route.
Because of the prolonged imminent demand of the holy shrine travelers, the govt had to offer visa-free access to Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib. Moreover, for the inauguration of the Corridor on or before the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak on 12 November. The central government has accepted the agreement for the Kartarpur Sahib passage on 23rd Oct 2019.
As per the government, while registering for the travel via the corridor, an individual has to sign an undertaking by stating that, ‘he/she will strictly abide by the rules laid out by the government and create no nuisance for the smooth processing of operations, and not at all use the corridor for any other purpose’.
Kartarpur Corridor Online Registration Process
- Step1: The first step is to open the website of the ministry of home affairs prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in. Take the scroll and go down to read the instructions carefully.
- Step 2: Go to the Top Panel, Locate ‘Apply Online’ and click on it.
Step 3: Choose your country and date of travel. Tab on the “Continue” button to move ahead.
- Step 4: The website will display the days on which openings are free for travel. Choose the time you desire to hit Kartarpur according to the availability.
- Step 5: Kartarpur Corridor “Part A” booking application will emerge on the computer/mobile screen. Fill the registration form and snap on the “Save & Continue” button. Repeat the same step for the remaining parts.
- Step 6: At the next step, all the soft copies of the relevant documents must be carefully uploaded.
- Step 7: After you have completed all the stages of registration, you will receive a registration number in a PDF form. It is important to save the file and the number for future travel reference and use.
Pilgrims who have registered will be notified by SMS and email within three to four days advance from the tour date. Always remember, the portal entirely works on a ‘first-come-first-served basis’.
This was all about Kartarpur Corridor from India to Pakistan for Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara Yatra. Hope you have understood all the necessary information, and if you have any other query, you can contact us or ask questions in the comment section. We will be happy to answer your queries at the earliest.