Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is a scheme that is fully sponsored by the central government. The scheme sets on the base of the central components under Ayushman Bharat Mission, Ministry of Health and Welfare. This ministry is an umbrella for two basic platforms of a health initiative. Those are National Health Protection Scheme and Health and Wellness Centre.
It will be launched by the honorable PM of India, Narendra Modi in September 2019. Beneficiaries of the scheme receive an amount of 5 lakh per annum, and it caters to the secondary and tertiary (industrial) sector. Indians can avail the scheme with a paperless manner at any impaneled Pvt hospitals.
Valid Reasons to Start Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
Most of the Indian states run on the flexibility offered by the central government. This is a ticket to health insurance for the people who cannot afford mere medical facilities. Till date, only a few states have officially adopted the scheme, some want a mixed model and the remaining are not accepting the scheme at all.
Ayushman Bharat is a different scheme because it is dynamic. The scheme is constantly improvising supporting the conditions of the state. The need for medical and educational needs have enhanced the need for the scheme. The government is looking forward to the states and waiting for their positive response.
Benefits of AB-PMJDY by the Central Government
The scheme has several benefits lined up for the beneficiaries.
- Offers cover of 5 lakh per year to every family. It will completely cover all the necessary and essential life-sustaining parameters.
- It ensures that no one is deprived to have access to medical and educational facilities.
- The scheme will cover the expenses required for post-hospitalization.
- From day 1, the scheme will cover all the expenses along with the transportation facility.
- The benefits are portable and will be valid in all the states of the country. Moreover, beneficiaries can also be on cashless mode if they want to take any services from private hospitals.
Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
|Name of the organization||Government of India|
|Name of the scheme||Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana|
|Launched on||September 2019|
|Announced by||Indian Govt.|
|Aid to||Urban and rural poor|
|Aid Annually||5 Lakh Rupees|
The Eligibility criteria for Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- The eligibility begins from the evaluation of the deprivation by the SECC database.
- The family who has only one room kutcha house.
- Female-headed with no male member in the family
- People living on alms and scavenging work
- People who live in landless places derive income from casual labour
- Differently-abled people with no help at home
- When it comes to the urban areas, there are certain categories that are untitled under the Occupational Categories of Workers included- Beggar, Street vendor, Domestic worker, Coolie and another head-load worker, Mali, Home-based worker.
Strategy to Implement Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
To manage at the national level, the government has set up a National Health Agency. Therefore, the centre has ordered all the state to start the scheme with the name State Health Policy. The system goes as follows.
- First, the patient is taken to the hospital
- The beneficiaries are identified and the registration takes place.
- The hospital will select the package and check the patient party account balance.
- For treatment, all the papers are and supporting evidence is offered.
- Post-treatment summary offered and electronic payments are done after that.
How to Apply for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- First, open the official link, https://mera.pmjay.gov.in/search/login
- Feed your mobile number when you search the apply online option
- Fill in all the details and then click on the submit option
Follow the steps to easily apply for the scheme and make sure you must fill the correct details without any mistake.